PM Imran emphasizes on strictly following COVID-19 SOPs during Muharram
ISLAMABAD – In order to contain the spread of coronavirus during Muharram, Prime Minister Imran Khan has emphasized on strictly following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), including use of mask.
Chairing a meeting of National Coordination Committee (NCC) on COVID-19 in Islamabad (Friday), he said effective coordination and comprehensive strategy helped in the success against coronavirus.
He, however, said the threat is still there for which cooperation of the entire nation is needed.
Federal Ministers, Advisors, Special Assistants, Chairman NDMA, and other senior officers attended the meeting, while AJK Prime Minister and provincial chief ministers participated in the discussion via video link.
He lauded the Ulema and religious leaders for their cooperation in fight against COVID-19 pandemic during Moharram and thanked them for their gestures.
The meeting was briefed about various steps to stop spread of Coronavirus during Moharram, restoration of educational activities in schools, implementation on testing, tracking, and quarantine strategy, testing plan for various sectors, especially tourism and aviation and micro and smart lockdown strategy.
- Three public, private schools sealed in Punjab after coronavirus ...07:21 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- 2,000 Sikh yatrees to attend Baba Guru Nanak's death anniversary06:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PS5 to be launched on November 12 for $499.9906:34 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan Army participates in opening ceremony of Kavkaz 2020 ...06:19 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira ...06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020