Edhi stable after minor procedure but wife describes a broken man
KARACHI: Renowned philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi is now in stable condition according to wife Bilquis Edhi, after undergoing a successful surgery at the Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT) on Tuesday.
However, while the universally loved philanthropist's health has improved, his emotional state still leaves much to be desired, according to his wife.
Talking to newsmen after brief a meeting with her husband after the procedure, Mrs Edhi confirmed that her husband was in stable condition, despite being in the ICU. "When I asked him to open and close his eyes, he responded," she explained.
Bilquis Edhi provided an encouraging account of her husband's health during the operation. "While he was being taken for the operation, Edhi had no fever and his blood pressure was also normal."
Abdul Sattar Edhi has been on dialysis since 2013 and on Tuesday he underwent a 20-minute-long minor catheter change operation to clear his dialysis line.
According to Bilquis Edhi, her husband has become fully bedridden since the Edhi office was looted by thieves some months back.
Though all the looted goods and money was recovered by police, Mrs Edhi says "since that incident Edhi keeps looking the side-cupboard in his room and cries while saying they broke my trust (Mera maan torr diya innhou nay)."
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020