Australian 'Egg Boy' donates $100,000 to Christchurch shooting survivors
The money was raised on two Go Fund Me pages set up by others after Connolly, 17, egged Anning, who had blamed Muslim immigration for the shooting.
In an Instagram post, Connolly said he had donated $99,922.36 to the Christchurch Foundation and Victim Support. The post doesn't say whether that's Australian dollars, but if it is, the amount would be nearly NZ$106,000.
The money was transferred "after a huge amount of red tape", Connolly shared with an Australian media portal.
"I decided to donate all monies to help provide some relief to the victims of the massacre... it wasn't mine to keep," he said.
Within an hour so of posting his message to Instagram, Mr Connolly had received countless comments and more than 40,000 likes. The post has now been liked over 72,000 times.
We are proud of you, young boy Connolly. Keep spreading the love.
As, it is well said by Henry James that “Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind, and the third is to be kind.”
What are your thoughts on this kind act by the Australian 'egg boy'? Share your thoughts with us in the comments box below.
- Students hail Shafqat Mahmood as Pakistan closes schools (Viral Video ...07:40 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Saudi FM denies Crown Prince MBS meeting with Israelis06:33 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Shahid Afridi likely to miss first two LPL matches06:00 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- PML-N requests for Shehbaz, Hamza Sharif’s release on parole05:34 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi pens heartfelt birthday note for Naimal Khawar02:26 PM | 23 Nov, 2020