NDMA to acquiring 15 planes to spray on locust-hit areas countrywide
ISLAMABAD - National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) Chairman Lt Gen Muhammad Afzal said that all out efforts were being made to acquire 15 planes for spray on locust-hit areas to avoid further loss of crops in the country.
Talking to a private news channel, he said all possible measures had been taken to revive the plant protection institution in a proper manner.
Commenting on damages of crops in Sindh, Punjab and Balochistan, he said neighboring country India was suffering more than Pakistan due to locusts attack on crops.
To a question, he appreciated the steps taken by Punjab, Balochistan and Sindh for the protection of crops from the locusts threat.
Lt Gen Muhammad Afzal said in the past, shortage of aircraft and pilots had made the situation uncomfortable for the department of plant protection.
He said a secretary level committee had granted approval for purchasing planes so that the process of spray could be started in a befitting manner in locust-hit areas of the country.
The NDMA chairman said in July and August, Pakistan could face another spell of locusts attack from Africa. However, he said all necessary arrangements had been made to combat any untoward situation into the matter.
- Pakistan’s Google team briefs steps towards digitization, computer ...12:44 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020