Babar Azam breaks Virat Kohli's record, Rizwan equals Dhoni's
DUBAI – Pakistan captain Babar Azam has added another feather to his cap as he surpasses his Indian counterpart Virat Kohli to become the fastest to score 1,000 T20I runs as skipper.
The 27-year-old Pakistani skipper achieved the feat in 26 innings while Kohli had achieved the same milestone in 30 innings.
Azam broke the record while playing against Afghanistan in a clash of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup. He made 51 runs in the match.
Meanwhile, Pakistani wicketkeeper Mohammad Rizwan also equalled former Indian captain and Mahendra Singh Dhoni's record of most T20 dismissals in a year as a wicketkeeper.
Rizwan had his 39 T20 dismissal while playing against Afghanistan. Dhonai achieved the title in 2016.
WATCH: Babar Azam suggests interesting change in ... 01:04 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
LAHORE – Pakistan's all-format captain Babar Azam has recently expressed his desire to change the law of getting ...
- Afghan immigrant arrested for serial killing of Pakistanis in US11:55 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Ayeza Khan shares pictures of reunion with cousins11:32 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani boxers 'slip away' in UK after Commonwealth Games conclude11:07 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Bilal Abbas gears up for new acting project09:58 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir in action to keep rainwater out of her Karachi apartment ...06:11 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Khushhal Khan criticised for 'expressionless acting' in Mushkil07:25 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022