NA Speaker Asad Qaiser tests positive for COVID-19
ISLAMABAD - The National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser on Thursday tested positive for coronavirus and after the test he went into isolation at his residence.
This is the second high-profile personality found infected with coronavirus in Pakistan after Sindh Governor Imran Ismail.
میرا کورونا وائرس کا ٹیسٹ مثبت آیا ہے۔ میں نے خود کو اپنے گھر میں قرنطینہ کر لیا ہے۔ میری پوری قوم سے درخواست ہے کہ وہ احتیاط کریں۔— Asad Qaiser (@AsadQaiserPTI) April 30, 2020
دعا کی درخواست ہے۔
The Speaker, in a Twitter message, said that he has quarantined himself inside his home. He appealed the nationals to adopt precautionary measures against coronavirus and pray for his health.
Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser putting himself in quarantine after testing positive for Covid-19. This is the second case of a senior figure contracting coronavirus. Earlier Gov Sindh Imran Ismail also tested positive.— Salman Masood (@salmanmasood) April 30, 2020
The brother of NA Speaker, Abdul Waheed, said that Asad Qaiser’s son and daughter were also tested positive for COVID-19. He also appealed to pray for their early recovery.
Earlier, a Member of Provincial Assembly (MPA) in Sindh belonging to Jamaat-e-Islami (JI), Syed Abdul Rasheed tested positive for COVID-19 and he quarantined himself at his residence in Karachi.
- Asad Umar directs chief secretaries to provide implementation plan ...08:29 AM | 3 Jun, 2020
- PPP Senator Maula Bakhsh Chandio, family members contract coronavirus11:46 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Coronavirus — World’s largest Muslim nation cancels haj ...10:46 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Lockdown caused huge losses to tourism industry, says KP minister09:31 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Shahroz Sabzwari responds to backlash regarding his second marriage ...01:06 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Sakina Samo, Rubina Ashraf test positive for coronavirus12:18 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Ariana Grande, Shawn Mendes, and others participate in Black Lives ...11:58 AM | 2 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020