Jami names the man who raped him 13 years ago
KARACHI - Pakistani filmmaker Jamshed Mehmood, popularly known as Jami , A few days earlier in a tweet, Jami has revealed the name of the person who raped him 13 years ago. Now he says that journalists demand proof of rape allegation to print his story.
He also alleges that even after he named the person no one from the media dared to pick his story.
“I’m sick of these Hameed friends making it all look like some joke. Fuck u, Hasan. Yes, it is Hameed Haroon who raped me. Fuck u all for backstabbing me even after I told u and when I came out u all still didn’t believe me knowing who I m to u. What I ‘ve done for u. Sick”, he said replying to a tweet.
Jami reveals he was raped by a Pakistani media ... 12:28 PM | 21 Oct, 2019
KARACHI - Filmmaker Jami on Sunday said that he had been a very strong supporter of the movement against sexual ...
Since few months, Jami has been quite vocal about the #MeToo campaign with reference to Pakistan. He says earlier he was not ready to open up as it took him 13 years to be vocal about.
This time he took to social media revealing that he has been asked to provide proof of his rape allegation by a journalist in order to print his story in a particular publication.
Jami in his tweet wrote, “First it was if u Name him then we will Print. Now If u prove it then we will Print. I’m told younger ones r fighting for truth but the older journalist lot won’t let it print. They r part of the game. Yes, now u know u all r way worst than the agencies. Live with it Hasan”.
Here is the tweet:
First it was if u Name him then we will Print. Now If u prove it then we will Print. Im told younger ones r fighting for truth but the older journalist lot wont let it print. They r part of the game. Yes now u know u all r way worst than the agencies. Live with it hasan.— JAMI (@azadjami1) December 29, 2019
Let's have a look at some of the reactions to Jami 's bold post:
Soo proud of never having followed even one of these Dawn journos. I could always see through the hypocrisy & fakeness in their views..— Ennui (@ErumSKhan) December 29, 2019
I am in no way in a position to help you out. But at least I can give you my Twitter support by liking and retweeting it.— Ali (@X_509) December 29, 2019
Stay strong bro! We are with you#WeAreWithJami
Sending prayers your way. May you get justice soon— TimeLord (@Ssupernovah) December 29, 2019
Screw them. They aren't worth a second thought. What matters is your courage to name the culprit. This will give strength to other victims.— Shahbaz Khan (@Jadoon74) December 29, 2019
People asking for proof know at the back of their minds that sexual assault usually leaves no evidence (it does but due to the psychological aspect of the crime, it's rarely reported immediately). These people have usually historically sided with oppressors and the powerful.— M.M. Alam Atiq (@muhdalam) December 30, 2019
The silence of these two has been so disappointing. How do u believe them anymore— Sadia Sajjad (@Sadiasajad1) December 30, 2019
What is your say on this? Let us know in the comments box below.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019