Macro-economic indicators: Govt doing better than IMF's projection, says Ministry of Finance
ISLAMABAD - The government is doing better than the International Monetary Fund's (IMF) projection with respect to most of the macro-economic indicators including inflation rate, said Ministry of Finance in a statement.
A spokesman of the Ministry said that the inflation rate is expected to come down to around five percent in the mid-term of the current fiscal year.
He said with regard to the external sector, significant improvement has been witnessed.
The spokesman said the current account deficit is projected to decline to 2.4 percent of the GDP in the current fiscal year, which is lower than earlier IMF forecasts of 2.6 percent.
He said that overall current account deficit has shrunk by almost two-thirds in the first quarter of the current fiscal year as compared to the same period last year.
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- NCOC prepares guidelines for Eidul Azha04:25 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Newly built hospital to help Pakistan fight against COVID-19 ...04:16 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s earns US $ 1176 mln from IT services’ export04:03 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020