Newly-wed bride suffocates to death in Lahore
LAHORE - A newly-wed bride suffocated to death and her husband fell unconscious in city's Factory Area police limits on wee hours Sunday.
“The couple lit a coal angeethi (stove) to brave the severe cold but forgot to put it off before going to sleep. The room filled with poisonous gases caused the death of Sawera, 20, got married to Wasim over the weekend” a family member told media.
He said when Sawera’s family bought the newlyweds breakfast the next morning and the room door didn’t open, they broke the lock and found them both unconscious.
The couple was rushed to the hospital where the girl was pronounced dead while her husband is in critical condition.
Police have started an investigation into different angles, water and milk found in their room have been sent to a lab for testing.
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- HRW says India's ruling BJP targeting Modi govt critics12:22 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Police submit challan against Mufti Aziz in student abuse case11:58 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand cricket team’s decision leaves Pakistanis in shock and ...11:42 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- British envoy denies role in cancellation of New Zealand cricket ...11:21 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021