PM’s special aides cannot be removed over dual nationality, rules IHC
ISLAMABAD - The Islamabad High Court (IHC) Chief Justice Athar Minallah on Thursday dismissed a petition challenging the appointment of four special assistants to the prime minister (SAPM) for holding dual nationalities.
He said how the system would perform if the prime minister was not even authorized to appoint his special assistants. Where was written in the Constitution that special assistants could not hold dual nationalities, he added.
During the course of proceedings, Justice Minallah said an elected prime minister carried heavy responsibilities of nation. "What is wrong if the prime minister appoints someone for his help," he said.
Akram Chaudhry, the petitioner lawyer, pleaded the court that only five special assistants could be appointed under Article 93 of the Constitution.
To this, the chief justice said this article was related to the appointment of advisors not for special assistants.
The lawyer said special assistants could not hold dual nationalities in accordance of rules of business.
The court observed that section had been eliminated in 2010.
After listening arguments, the bench reserved its judgment on maintainability of the case and later it dismissed the case.
- China alleges ‘political manipulation’ as G7 leaders discuss BRI ...12:15 AM | 15 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Colin, Iftikhar power Islamabad United to 8-wicket win ...11:59 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows women to register for Hajj without guardian10:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021