Qureshi calls for diplomatic solution of Ukraine conflict in meeting with Russian FM
Pakistani FM also meets Iranian counterpart for bilateral talks
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi met his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov on Wednesday during the Afghanistan moot in Beijing where he called for a diplomatic solution to the Russia-Ukraine conflict.
Expressing hope that talks between Moscow and Kyiv would succeed in finding a diplomatic solution, the Pakistani foreign minister shared Islamabad’s principled position on the situation in Ukraine including cessation of hostilities, provision of humanitarian assistance, and efforts for a solution through dialogue and diplomacy.
Both sides also exchanged views on bilateral relations and regional situations. Qureshi also conveyed Pakistan’s willingness to reinforce efforts for a diplomatic solution through the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) platform.
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Pakistan Shah Mahmood Qureshi meeting with Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov on the sidelines of the Third Meeting of Foreign Ministers of the Neighboring Countries of Afghanistan in Tunxi.#APPNews #Pakistan 🇵🇰 #Russia 🇷🇺 #China 🇨🇳@SMQureshiPTI pic.twitter.com/Pnu65nVMGH— APP 🇵🇰 (@appcsocialmedia) March 30, 2022
Meanwhile, Pakistani FM also called on Iranian Foreign Minister Dr Hossein Amir Abdollahian on the sidelines of the ministerial meeting. He reaffirmed Islamabad’s desire to strengthen bilateral cooperation in all areas.
Constructive meeting with FM @Amirabdolahian of #Iran on both regional & bilateral matters. Pleased to share an upward trajectory of relations marked by increased high level exchanges in political, economic, defence and security spheres. pic.twitter.com/aNxMTgtguh— Shah Mahmood Qureshi (@SMQureshiPTI) March 30, 2022
Qureshi stressed on earliest completion of border markets in the context of enhanced bilateral economic cooperation. He also valued Tehran’s steadfast support for the Kashmir cause, especially at the Supreme Leader level.
His Iranian counterpart also reaffirmed his desire to further strengthen fraternal ties in diverse areas of bilateral cooperation.
PM Imran, President Zelensky discuss ... 07:59 PM | 29 Mar, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday received a phone call from Ukrainian President ...
Foreign Minister Qureshi is visiting China to participate in the Third Ministerial Meeting of Neighboring Countries of Afghanistan.
- In a rare move, Pakistan announces punishment for cruelty against ...09:02 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- FIFA lifts suspension of Pakistan Football Federation (VIDEO)08:28 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Hamza Shahbaz case: PTI to challenge LHC verdict in Supreme Court07:20 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Maya Ali sends pulses racing with new sizzling photos06:10 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Anoushay Abbasi drops stunning clicks from Dubai vacation06:46 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022