US President Trump announces to cut relationship with WHO over COVID-19 mishandling
WASHINGTON – United States (US) President Donald Trump said that he is cutting the relationship with World Health Organization (WHO) over mishandling of the COVID-19.
Speaking at the White House, President Trump said that because they have failed to make the requested and greatly needed reforms, we will be terminating our relationship with the WHO.
The US is the largest source of financial support for the WHO and its exit is expected to significantly weaken the organization.
Earlier, Trump said the U.S. would be "redirecting" the money to "other worldwide and deserving urgent global public health needs," without providing specifics. He said Chinese officials "ignored" their reporting obligations to the WHO and pressured it to mislead the world when the virus was first discovered.
- Pakistani military jumps 5 places on Global Firepower Index 202102:31 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Lahore man hires contract killers for Rs 1.2mn to murder father02:00 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Oppo Reno5 is Now Available in the Market for all Photography ...01:23 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- 23 die in Norway after receiving first dose of Pfizer vaccine01:05 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Divine gesture – New Zealand captain pauses match to check out ...12:30 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- What is the relationship between PM Imran Khan's wife Bushra Bibi and ...05:27 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Tahmina Javed enters Pakistan's drama industry07:30 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Mathira reveals about her relationship with ex-husband06:17 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021