LHC adjourns Maryam Nawaz's bail plea hearing till Oct 31 in Chaudhry Sugar Mills case
LAHORE - Lahore High Court (LHC) has adjourned hearing on petition seeking Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) vice president Maryam Nawaz’s bail till October 31 in Chaudhry Sugar Mills case.
According to media reports, Maryam Nawaz’s lawyer Amjad Pervez, during the hearing said that money laundering case against his client is baseless, adding that the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) misused the law and arrested her in money laundering case.
Maryam Nawaz was made Chief Executive of Chaudhry Sugar Mills only in papers, he added.
The court has made NAB and others party in the case.
Earlier on Monday, a Lahore High Court (LHC) division bench, adjourning the hearing of PML-N Vice President Maryam Nawaz's bail petition in Chaudhry Sugar Mills (CSM) case till October 29, sought arguments from the parties.
The division bench comprising Justice Ali Baqar Najafi and Justice Sardar Ahmad Naeem heard the post-arrest bail petition of the PML-N leader, wherein Additional Prosecutor General Jehanzaib Bharwana represented the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) and Advocates Azam Nazir Tarar and Amjad Pervaiz appeared on behalf of the petitioner.
During the proceedings, the bench asked whether Maryam Nawaz had been allowed to meet her ailing father, Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, in hospital.
The NAB had accused Maryam Nawaz of committing money laundering through investments of huge amounts being main shareholder of the CSM.
Maryam Nawaz through her bail plea complained about being subjected to double jeopardy, saying, a JIT made in Panama papers had already investigated the same matter and decided to not file any reference. She also questioned jurisdiction of the NAB's chairman for approving the impugned inquiry under the Anti-Money Laundering Act 2010.
- Maryam seeks LHC’s permission to travel abroad for taking care of ...05:58 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan names squad for Sri Lanka Tests05:05 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- IAEA commends Pakistan's nuclear security measures04:59 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s girlfriend Camila Morrone defends their 23-year ...02:01 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Abducted Dua Mangi returns home01:47 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- It was a cap, not a shoe: Asim Azhar01:25 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Actor Fatima Sohail seeks FIA help over 'disgusting leaked' video12:48 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Shahida Abbasi from Balochistan bags gold at Asian games03:17 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019