COVID-19: Pakistan decides to establish another 12 testing labs
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has decided to establish 12 more coronavirus testing laboratories very soon in order to meet the rising need of testing the suspected cases as the number of coronavirus affected patients surged across the country.
In a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan in Islamabad, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) Chairman Lt Gen Muhammad Afzal saidthat 20 coronavirus testing laboratories are fully functional whereas 12 more would be established soon.
The meeting was informed that the first consignment of 57,000 kits was imported from China, followed by another of 30,000, while 192,000 more would reach Pakistan by today.
Coronavirus control, diagnosing facilities, continuity of industrial process under the current situation was also reviewed during the meeting which decided that it would be binding upon the private sector run hospitals to allocate beds and facilities for the coronavirus infection patients.
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020