COVID-19: Pakistan decides to establish another 12 testing labs
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has decided to establish 12 more coronavirus testing laboratories very soon in order to meet the rising need of testing the suspected cases as the number of coronavirus affected patients surged across the country.
In a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan in Islamabad, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) Chairman Lt Gen Muhammad Afzal saidthat 20 coronavirus testing laboratories are fully functional whereas 12 more would be established soon.
The meeting was informed that the first consignment of 57,000 kits was imported from China, followed by another of 30,000, while 192,000 more would reach Pakistan by today.
Coronavirus control, diagnosing facilities, continuity of industrial process under the current situation was also reviewed during the meeting which decided that it would be binding upon the private sector run hospitals to allocate beds and facilities for the coronavirus infection patients.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020