COVID-19: Pakistan decides to establish another 12 testing labs
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has decided to establish 12 more coronavirus testing laboratories very soon in order to meet the rising need of testing the suspected cases as the number of coronavirus affected patients surged across the country.
In a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan in Islamabad, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) Chairman Lt Gen Muhammad Afzal saidthat 20 coronavirus testing laboratories are fully functional whereas 12 more would be established soon.
The meeting was informed that the first consignment of 57,000 kits was imported from China, followed by another of 30,000, while 192,000 more would reach Pakistan by today.
Coronavirus control, diagnosing facilities, continuity of industrial process under the current situation was also reviewed during the meeting which decided that it would be binding upon the private sector run hospitals to allocate beds and facilities for the coronavirus infection patients.
- Pakistan Water Week 2021 kicks off to explore sustainable ways in a ...12:19 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan rejects reports of financial difficulties being faced by ...10:50 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- 'Most-wanted' suspect in Sri Lankan citizen’s lynching arrested10:25 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- PIA allowed to operate additional flights to Saudi Arabia09:29 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Civil-military leadership vows measures to curb mob killings after ...08:53 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat gearing up to host Bigg Boss themed reality show05:05 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Hania Aamir's adorable video while playing with dog goes viral04:48 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- 'Pawri girl' spotted having a fan moment with legendary singer Hadiqa ...03:00 PM | 6 Dec, 2021