Chinese national arrested for assaulting traffic cop in Pakistan
KARACHI - Police have arrested a Chinese national for allegedly assaulting a traffic police officer over being charged with a no-parking offence in Karachi.
The foreign national beaten up the traffic cop near the Qayyumabad area of Karachi leaving him severely injured on Wednesday. The official was later shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The Chinese national was travelling with a driver in the vehicle when the incident occurred. The driver admitted that he had parked the car no-parking zone.
کراچی میں چائینز باشندے کی پولیس اہلکار پر تشدد کی سی سی ٹی وی بھی پولیس نے جاری کر دی فوٹیج میں چینی باشندے کو اہلکار پر تشدد کرتے ہوئے دیکھا جا سکتا جب اہلکار نے نوپارلنگ نیں گاڑی کھڑی کرنے سے روکا تو چینی باشندے نے اہلکار کو مکا دے مارا https://t.co/wkuh40Wh6e pic.twitter.com/MiIb3bPzZn— Samar Abbas (@Samarjournalist) January 1, 2020
"The police officer asked me to remove the car but my employer [Chinese man] ordered me to not move the vehicle from this place".
The Chinese national assaulted the traffic policeman when he tried to remove the vehicle forcefully using a lifter, the driver said.
- COAS satisfied over LEA’s coherent response for peace in Karachi12:05 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- India, China agree to cool down tension along LAC after Galwan clash10:58 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- India approves purchase of Russian fighter jets amid border stand-off ...10:32 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Stock Exchange sets up fund for attack victims10:26 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- At least 126 jade miners buried in Myanmar landslide10:11 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Khan's home staff contract coronavirus01:32 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat writes a heartwarming birthday wish for filmmaker Uzma ...12:57 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Samra Raza Mir to release a new song soon12:36 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020