Chinese national arrested for assaulting traffic cop in Pakistan
KARACHI - Police have arrested a Chinese national for allegedly assaulting a traffic police officer over being charged with a no-parking offence in Karachi.
The foreign national beaten up the traffic cop near the Qayyumabad area of Karachi leaving him severely injured on Wednesday. The official was later shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The Chinese national was travelling with a driver in the vehicle when the incident occurred. The driver admitted that he had parked the car no-parking zone.
کراچی میں چائینز باشندے کی پولیس اہلکار پر تشدد کی سی سی ٹی وی بھی پولیس نے جاری کر دی فوٹیج میں چینی باشندے کو اہلکار پر تشدد کرتے ہوئے دیکھا جا سکتا جب اہلکار نے نوپارلنگ نیں گاڑی کھڑی کرنے سے روکا تو چینی باشندے نے اہلکار کو مکا دے مارا https://t.co/wkuh40Wh6e pic.twitter.com/MiIb3bPzZn— Samar Abbas (@Samarjournalist) January 1, 2020
"The police officer asked me to remove the car but my employer [Chinese man] ordered me to not move the vehicle from this place".
The Chinese national assaulted the traffic policeman when he tried to remove the vehicle forcefully using a lifter, the driver said.
- FO summons envoy as India opens unprovoked fire at LoC10:51 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Kashmiris set to observe Indian Republic Day as Black Day07:12 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Iran to host technology investors from 8 countries including Pakistan ...07:08 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019