World Labour Day – Punjab raises minimum wages of workers
LAHORE – Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar, on World Labour Day, has announced to increase the minimum monthly wages of workers from Rs17,500 to Rs20,000.
While chairing a meeting in this regard, he highlighted that the PTI government has raised the minimum wage of workers by 5,000 rupees since it came into power in 2018.
He said the marriage grant for workers has been increased from Rs100,000 to 200,000 and death grant from Rs500,000 to Rs600,000.
The chief minister said workers have been allotted flats in the labour colonies of Lahore, Nankana Sahib and Multan.
He said that grant of over Rs7 billion under Punjab Workers Welfare Fund proves the government's labour friendliness.
He, terming the labourers as national heroes said labour day is being celebrated with simplicity due to coronavirus.
PM, President vow to ensure labour class welfare ... 10:51 AM | 1 May, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan in his message on the International Labour Day reiterates that the Pakistan ...
- Biden phones Netanyahu, Abbas as death toll in Israeli airstrikes on ...07:54 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone TAUKTAE 'will not make landfall on Pakistan's coastal belt'04:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021