Shajar Abbas sets national record in 100-meter race at Commonwealth Games
BIRMINGHAM – Pakistani sprinter Shajar Abbas narrowly missed a medal as he finished fourth in 100-meter race at the Commonwealth Games 2022 on Tuesday.
Abbas was among the 27 international athletes who took part in the sprint to book a place in the semifinal round.
The 22-year-old covered the distance in 10.38 seconds, his career best timing, and set the best timing record by any Pakistani in international competitions.
He participated in heat number 8 of the race and finished fourth.
According to the rules of athletics, besides two top players from each of ten heats, seven players with the best timings were to qualify for the semi-finals.
Abbas failed to book a place among the other seven athletes after he could not make it to top two in his heat.
Pakistan's Arshad Nadeem reaches javelin throw ... 09:28 AM | 3 Aug, 2022
LAHORE – Pakistani star Olympian Arshad Nadeem has qualified for the final round of javelin throw competition at ...
- Protesters booked for ‘chanting slogans against security forces’ ...08:31 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Kashmiris observe India’s independence day as black day08:10 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir opens up about her struggle in the showbiz industry07:36 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022