IHC rejects disqualification petitions against PTI women leaders
ISLAMABAD - Islamabad High Court (IHC) has dismissed the disqualification petitions against the Pakistan Tehreek e Insaaf (PTI) leaders.
According to media details, the judgment was announced by Justice Aamer Farooq today (Tuesday).
Earlier, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leaders filed three petitions against the eligibility of PTI’s Maleeka Bokhari, Tashfeen Safdar and Kanwal Shauzab.
It was alleged in the pleas that the PTI lawmakers concealed factual information from the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) at the time of filing nomination papers.
Justice Aamer Farooq announced the verdict, which was reserved in December last year, and declared the PTI MNAs eligible.
- Pakistan calls for lifting restrictions in IoJ&K as COVID-19 pandemic ...10:58 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- German minister commits suicide 'over coronavirus'09:25 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Syria confirms first coronavirus death08:49 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 16 deaths; Coronavirus cases rise to 1,58907:30 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Spain's Princess Maria first royalty to die from coronavirus07:15 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019