IHC rejects disqualification petitions against PTI women leaders
ISLAMABAD - Islamabad High Court (IHC) has dismissed the disqualification petitions against the Pakistan Tehreek e Insaaf (PTI) leaders.
According to media details, the judgment was announced by Justice Aamer Farooq today (Tuesday).
Earlier, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leaders filed three petitions against the eligibility of PTI’s Maleeka Bokhari, Tashfeen Safdar and Kanwal Shauzab.
It was alleged in the pleas that the PTI lawmakers concealed factual information from the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) at the time of filing nomination papers.
Justice Aamer Farooq announced the verdict, which was reserved in December last year, and declared the PTI MNAs eligible.
- Pakistan’s Google team briefs steps towards digitization, computer ...12:44 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020