The Mountain from 'Game Of Thrones' is caught by facial paralysis
Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, best known for his powerful acting in the hit HBO drama, has revealed on his Instagram account that he is currently suffering from facial paralysis.
The 425lb beast woke up on Tuesday morning to find that half of his face had gone completely numb. Doctors have informed him that the paralysis can last anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. And, that was quite a relief to hear.
This normally occurs when the nerve that controls the facial muscles is swollen, inflamed, or compressed, resulting in facial weakness or paralysis. Exactly what causes this, however, is still unclear, but luckily it's only temporary.
To all my dear strongman fans, I have a small announcement. Last Sunday I got very sick. On Tuesday morning I woke up and the right side of my face felt kind of numb. It got worse over the course of the day and then it got completely paralysed. My friends insisted sending me to the ER to get things checked out as they were seriously worried I was having a stroke. I spent a good amount of time at the hospital as doctors ran some tests on me. Luckily I was informed there was nothing to worry about. That I have caught some virus called Bells Palsy which causes half of my face getting paralysed. It can last from a week to a few months apparently. So please keep that in mind if you come to Europe's Strongest Man tomorrow and get pictures with me that I'm not in a bad mood I just can't really smile for pictures haha! Other than that I feel good and look forward to battling it out with the guys for the Title of Europe's Strongest Man 2017 and putting on a great show for all you guys! Bring it on!
- YES — Sonia Naz becomes Pakistan’s first transgender person to ...01:36 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021