Dutch firm set to purchase Engro Foods
Engro Food's acquisition would be Pakistan's largest private sector takeover by a foreign firm in the country's history.
According to media reports, FrieslandCampina International Holding BV has expressed interest towards acquire a 51 percent shares of Engro Foods Limited. The Citibank Pakistan is playing a role of financial advisor in the deal.
The economic experts believe that deal would result in a boost in Pakistan's foreign direct investment statistics and encourage other foreign investors to express interest in the local market.
During the 2015-16 financial year, Pakistan is expecting its economy to grow by 4.5 percent due to falling oil prices.
- Biden phones Netanyahu, Abbas as death toll in Israeli airstrikes on ...07:54 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone TAUKTAE 'will not make landfall on Pakistan's coastal belt'04:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa ends COVID-19 lockdown tomorrow04:18 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021