Ruet-e-Hilal Committee asks Met office to not predict about moon sighting
The Ruet-e-Hilal Committee has sent a written letter to the Met department in this regard.
The committee, in its letter, stated that the predictions from the Met department about the sighting of moon create speculations.
The letter said that the Ruet-e-Hilal Committee will decide about the moon sighting depending on various testimonies.
Meanwhile, a meeting of Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee under the chair of Mufti Munib-ur-Rehman would be held in Karachi on Sunday, May 5 (29, Shaban-ul-Moazzam,1440,Hijri) for sighting the crescent of Raman-ul-Mubarak, said an official of the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony.
Ruet-e-Hilal Committee Chairman Mufti Munib-ur-Rehman would announce the decision of crescent sighting or otherwise subsequently on the basis of information received.
The Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee was set up in 1974 under a resolution passed by the National Assembly of Pakistan,
The purpose of the central Ruet committee has been to celebrate religious festivals with unanimity in the country.
The committee determines the appearance of moon and announcement of each Islamic month regularly.
After thorough assessment by the technical experts, the central Ruet-e-Hilal committee always try to ensure celebrations of Islamic festivals including beginning of Ramazan-ul-mubairk on the same day to achieve harmony thought-out the country.
- Pakistan tough team to play in T20 format, says Kiwi skipper ahead of ...02:05 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Lifetime disqualification: Pakistan’s top judge terms Article ...12:54 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Yamaha increases motorbike prices by up to Rs15,500 (Check new rates ...12:22 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan Army Chief to receive enhanced honour cordon at Pentagon ...11:58 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Hareem Shah gets temporary relief from arrest in money laundering case11:05 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Asim Azhar to release mashup of two songs with young fan Arshman11:49 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022