Ruet-e-Hilal Committee asks Met office to not predict about moon sighting
The Ruet-e-Hilal Committee has sent a written letter to the Met department in this regard.
The committee, in its letter, stated that the predictions from the Met department about the sighting of moon create speculations.
The letter said that the Ruet-e-Hilal Committee will decide about the moon sighting depending on various testimonies.
Meanwhile, a meeting of Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee under the chair of Mufti Munib-ur-Rehman would be held in Karachi on Sunday, May 5 (29, Shaban-ul-Moazzam,1440,Hijri) for sighting the crescent of Raman-ul-Mubarak, said an official of the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony.
Ruet-e-Hilal Committee Chairman Mufti Munib-ur-Rehman would announce the decision of crescent sighting or otherwise subsequently on the basis of information received.
The Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee was set up in 1974 under a resolution passed by the National Assembly of Pakistan,
The purpose of the central Ruet committee has been to celebrate religious festivals with unanimity in the country.
The committee determines the appearance of moon and announcement of each Islamic month regularly.
After thorough assessment by the technical experts, the central Ruet-e-Hilal committee always try to ensure celebrations of Islamic festivals including beginning of Ramazan-ul-mubairk on the same day to achieve harmony thought-out the country.
- Neizens troll Sajal Aly for playing Fatimah Jinnah in 'Madar-e-Millat'10:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Brutal assault by security guard leaves Karachi woman unconscious ...09:29 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Sana Javed delights fans with stunning pictures05:51 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022