Maleeha Lodhi was not removed, clarifies Foreign Office
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal Friday dismissed media reports and clarified that there was no truth whatsoever in insinuations that Dr Maleeha Lodhi was ‘removed’ for any reason.
In a tweet, the spokesperson said Maleeha Lodhi had completed her tenure.
There is no truth whatsoever in insinuations that Dr Maleeha Lodhi was ‘removed’ for any reason. She completed her tenure and as FM has said, she served Pakistan with distinction and commitment and organised the Prime Minister’s successful UNGA visit with skill and dedication.— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) October 4, 2019
He said Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi had also said that she (Maleeha Lodhi) had served Pakistan with distinction and commitment besides organizing the prime minister’s successful visit to UN General Assembly with her skill and dedication.
Earlier this week, Munir Akram had replaced Lodhi as a Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the United Nations in New York, stirring debate in the power corridor for the removal that sounded 'abrupt'.
The replacement of Lodhi comes a day after Prime Minister Imran Khan winded up his United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) tour wherein he raised the issue of Kashmir.
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP chief Khadim Hussain Rizvi among 86 awarded 55-year jail sentences08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Air Marshal Ahmer Shehzad appointed as Vice Chief of Air Staff07:38 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran wants 'meaningful negotiations' with Shehbaz Sharif over CEC ...07:26 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019