Russia and neighbours begin military drills on Afghanistan border
DUSHANBE – Russia on Thursday launched joint military drills near the border with Afghanistan, as the Taliban continue to making sweeping advances in the war-torn country after the withdrawal of US-led foreign troops.
The joint exercises are being held at the Kharb-Maidon training ground just 20 kilometers from the Tajik border with Afghanistan. The drills, which will continue till August 10, involve 2,500 troops from Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
Meanwhile, joint Russian-Uzbek drills featuring 1,500 troops are also underway in Termez, a city in Uzbekistan, near the border with Afghanistan.
Russia holds military bases in both Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan.
Kandahar at 'serious risk of falling' as Taliban ... 07:00 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
Fighting is raging around Herat, Lashkar Gah and Kandahar as Taliban fighters are trying to seize these three major ...
- Peshawar boy, accused of 'sextorting’ US girl, also hacked Snapchat ...01:46 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pink Ribbon set to augment Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct12:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Eight ‘terrorists’ planning attacks arrested in Punjab12:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- FM Qureshi apprises UN president, secretary general about human ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video takes internet by storm03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021