Pakistan greenlights Sinopharm, Sputnik-V vaccines for over-60s
LAHORE – Pakistan’s drug regulation authorities have approved two COVID-19 vaccines for people above 60 years of age.
The Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) committee has approved China's Sinopharm and Russia's Sputnik V coronavirus vaccines, while the former was already being used to vaccinate frontline health workers.
The committee rolled out its decision after examining data from China, Bahrain, and United Arab Emirates.
Meanwhile, Pakistan will be among the biggest recipients of free COVID-19 vaccines before June — more than 10 million doses — the COVAX scheme had announced on Tuesday.
Some 238.2 million doses will be distributed around the world by the end of May through the program aimed at boosting access to coronavirus jabs in poorer nations.
COVAX - Pakistan to get 10 million Covid vaccines ... 12:05 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan will be among the five biggest recipients of free Covid-19 vaccines before June under the ...
With fifty-two fresh casualties, the overall death toll in the South Asian country has reached 13,128. As many as 556,000 patients, however, recovered from the virus.
There are 17,177 active cases of COVID-19 across the country.
- PAKvNZ: Kiwis 107-4 in 16 overs as Pak bowlers trying to restrict ...08:19 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Ali Embroidery Junior National Tennis Championship 2021: Top seeds ...08:05 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- US Consul General Lahore highlights English as a way to build ...07:16 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- ‘Time to avenge’: PCB chief’s statement echoes Pakistan’s ...06:20 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- First Lady Bushra Bibi's daughter ties the knot in Madinah, couple's ...03:27 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Abrar-ul-Haq and Saba Qamar win hearts with hilarious version of ...12:35 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021