Finance minister writes letters to CMs for reconstitution of 9th NFC
The NFC is required to be set up at intervals not exceeding five years as required under clause (1) of the Article 160 of the Constitution. The federal finance minister and the finance ministers of the provinces are the statutory members of NFC. It is customary to include one non-statutory member from each province.
The letters have accordingly been dispatched to the Chief Minister Punjab Sardar Usman Ahmad Buzdar, the Chief Minister Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah, the Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Mahmood Khan and the Chief Minister Balochistan Jam Kamal Khan.
The letters state that after general elections 2018, new governments are in place both at the federal and provincial levels, necessitating re-confirmation of non-statutory members from the provinces.
The finance minister has asked the provincial chief ministers to either reconfirm the earlier nominated members or intimate the change in the nomination to enable the federal government to notify the 9th NFC and start deliberations of the Commission.
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan’s NSA rejects claims of back-channel diplomacy with India ...11:17 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Birthday of Islamic caliph Ali Ibn Abi Talib tomorrow10:00 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan to remain on FATF's grey list till June 202109:44 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Ali Xeeshan and wife Myra welcome first baby06:36 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Yasir Hussain opens up about his remarks on Nausheen Shah08:24 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021