China approves the world’s first inhaled Covid vaccine
BEIJING – China has approved the world’s first inhaled version of coronavirus vaccine, which will be used as a booster dose.
The vaccine called Convidecia Air, which has been developed by CanSino Biologics Inc, received the approval from the National Medical Products Administration of China, the company announced on Sunday.
Utilizing the same adenovirus vector technological platform as the intramuscular version Convidecia, the newly-developed inhaled vaccine provides a non-invasive option that uses a nebulizer to change liquid into an aerosol for inhalation through the mouth.
“Convidecia Air™ is needle-free and can effectively induce comprehensive immune protection in response to SARS-CoV-2 after just one breath,” the CanSino Biologics Inc’s official statement read.
The manufacturer received the approval of its clinical trial application for Convidecia Air in March 2021. Studies published in The Lancet indicated that Convidecia Aircan induce strong humoral, cellular and mucosal immunity to achieve triple protection and effectively contain the infection and spread of the virus.
‘IHU’: New vaccine-resistant variant of Covid ... 03:43 PM | 4 Jan, 2022
PARIS – As the Omicron variant has become the dominant strain in parts of the world, health experts in France ...
- vivo Y35 full review: Is it worth the price?10:34 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Sandeep Singh Bhatti to be a part of Tyson Fury's Headliner Event10:12 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Inaugural ILT20 to roll into action from January 1309:49 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Ten-member Golf club teams to engage in combat at Rumanza Golf Course08:56 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan spotted performing Umrah08:31 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Hira Mani slays fashion goals in latest video07:38 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Sunita Marshall and Hassan Ahmed shut down separation rumours07:10 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022