'Dirty Dancing' sequel in the works with original star Jennifer Grey
Time to shine and dance again! A 'Dirty Dancing' sequel starring Jennifer Grey is in the works, Deadline confirmed.
The untitled dance movie is currently in the works with Lionsgate, reported Variety. It is executively produced by Grey and helmed by Warm Bodies director Jonathan Levine.
In the 1987 original film ,the 60-year-old actress played the lead role of Baby, a shy teenager love-struck by the handsome dance teacher Johnny Castle (Patrick Swayze) while on vacation at a New York resort in the 1960s.
The film earned almost $220 million at the worldwide box office, even though the production budget was just $5 million. Apart from being a box office hit 'Dirty Dancing' soon became a symbol of pop culture, because of Grey and Swayze's galvanizing chemistry, the iconic 'Dirty Dancing lift' and the Oscar-winning music.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- PAKvWI: Pakistan, West Indies lock horns today in third T20I11:51 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Afghan Taliban capable of combating Daesh in Afghanistan: Qureshi11:34 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- PMLN’s Ahsan Iqbal contracts coronavirus again10:28 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran to answer public's questions via phone today09:58 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:42 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Twitter rejoices as Pakistani man's 'wallet return' mission ends ...09:45 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Indian actor Nandita Dutta arrested for running 'porn racket'09:21 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021