PIMS – Largest hospital in Islamabad privatised amid protests
ISLAMABAD – The government has announced to privatise Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) Hospital, one of the largest local tertiary care government hospitals in the federal capital, in accordance with the Medical Teaching Institution (MTI) Ordinance.
This means the patients visiting the hospital for check-ups and tests will be charged fees equivalent to those of other private hospitals instead of the nominal fee that was being charged before.
PIMS’ employees have been protesting to abolish the MTI Ordinance for the eighth consecutive day now.
They have announced another protest for tomorrow outside the Islamabad Press Club to which the Islamabad Unions have also been invited to participate in.
Nearly 200 PIMS employees test positive for ... 06:43 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
ISLAMABAD – As many as 181 staff members of Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS), the largest government ...
Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (P.I.M.S) is one of the largest local tertiary care government hospitals providing a vast array and diversity of health services and advanced sub specialties including one of the state of the art Nephrology department.
Its Islamabad Hospital (IH) is the major component of PIMS. It is a 592-bed hospital, and it has 22 medical and surgical specialties. The main objective of IH is to provide medical facilities to the community of Rawalpindi/Islamabad as a National Referral Hospital for Northern areas Azad Jammu and Kashmir NWFP and Northern area of Punjab. Also, Children’s Hospital is an important component of PIMS. It caters to the need of primary health care for the whole area through preventive and curative approaches.
- Haider Ali hospitalised after viral illness10:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- PM Shehbaz felicitates Chinese leadership on National Day10:00 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistani UN peacekeeper martyred in Central Africa09:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Iran’s key intelligence official killed in clashes with protesters09:06 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Tajikistan singer Abdu Rozik is the first contestant of Bigg Boss 1607:08 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Teaser revealed for Wasim Akram, Fawad Khan-starrer 'Money Back ...08:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022