Never called PM Nawaz a ‘traitor’: Bilawal
He added that his criticism was due to ‘Modi-Nawaz friendship’ on Friday.
Bilwal Bhutto’s remarks came a day after Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan lambasted Bilawal Bhutto a hypocrite.
"Bilawal Bhutto, on one hand, calls the prime minister a traitor and then goes to the joint sitting of the Parliament to gladly shake hands with him," Khan noted.
The PTI chief was referring to a slogan Bilawal was seen chanting during his election campaign in Azad Kashmir. "Modi ka jo yar hai, ghaddar hai ghaddar hai (Whoever is a friend of Modi is a traitor)."
“I can never think about calling the country’s elected prime minister a traitor,” Bilawal told reporters after a meeting with Jamiat Ulema Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman in Islamabad.
“I never said such thing for the Prime Minister, instead I called friends of [Indian Prime Minister Narendra] Modi as traitors.”
Bilawal also urged the JUI-F chief to persuade Prime Minister Sharif to order an inquiry into the Panama Leaks. "Maulana Fazlur Rehman is my uncle," he stated.
- Pakistan reports drop in COVID cases with 893 new infections09:37 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:13 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Petrol price crosses Rs137 per litre as govt announces new rates08:55 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 16 October 202108:38 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021