Another doctor dies of coronavirus in KP
PESHAWAR – A doctor from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on Wednesday lost his life to coronavirus in Peshawar amid rising number of infections in the country.
Dr Faisal Qureshi, who had been treated coronavirus patients in Abbotabad for four months, was under treatment in Ayub Medical Complex for two weeks.
However, he failed to recover from it.
PDA said that KP government has not announced any ‘shudhda package’ or risk allowance for doctors.
The total number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan has reached to 239,225, according to latest official data.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 4,945, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 142,663 patients have fully recovered.
Punjab has reported the highest number of deaths, a total of 1,929, while Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa follow with 1,636 and 1,045 fatalities respectively. Islamabad has recorded 140 fatalities; Balochistan, 125 deaths; Azad Kashmir, 40; and Gilgit Baltistan, 30.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020