Hadiqa Kiani educates Ushna Shah on Pakistan’s female vocalists
While the world hunkers down into self-quarantine during the widespread coronavirus outbreak, Ushna Shah has landed in hot waters for passing some harsh opinions regarding female singers in Pakistan, which understandably did not sit well with many.
In a now deleted tweet, Shah expressed her displeasure with the vocals of her upcoming drama’s OST which has been sung by Hadiqa Kiyani. She went out to say that Aima Baig and Qurut-ul-lain Baloch are “the only incredible female vocalists” and the rest are just average.
Hadiqa Kiani responded to this criticism in the best way possible.
In her Instagram story, Hadiqa requested her followers to ”educate” Ushna Shah by listing female singers and popular songs that will always remain everyone’s favourite.
The list included a number of legendary Pakistani musicians , from Abida Parveen, Madam Noor Jehan, Farida Khanum, Nazia Hassan and Sanam Marvi to Meesha Shafi, Zoe and Rachel Viccaji, Natasha Baig and Mai Dhai.
Ushna Shah instantly apologized to Hadiqa saying that she had acted indecently because of having a "delirious and opinionated late night."
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Sri Lanka minister offers ICC evidence 2011 World Cup was fixed08:17 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- $4k solid gold face mask for 'protection' against COVID-1908:06 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Over 300 cases of COVID-19 reported in Sindh Police in 2 days07:56 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- PPSC to restart interviewing candidates as lockdown eased07:44 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Two injured after two trains collide near Rahim Yar Khan07:37 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I appeal the President to help the needy artists of Pakistan: Ali ...02:22 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020