Transgender burnt alive following ‘rape attempt’
Four men took her to a deserted cab station near Sahiwal’s Mall Mandi Chowk on Thursday and set her on fire after she resisted their attempts to sexually assault her, the Dawn News reported citing police officials.
The trans, whose identity could not be ascertained, was shifted to the Sahiwal DHQ Hospital to be referred to Lahore but she died on the way.
The Fateh Sher police have yet to register a case into the incident.
Hospital sources say the transgender person suffered 80pc burns on the body.
Under section 74 of the PPC, she was buried by the municipality staff as nobody claimed the body.
Pakistan adopts transgender persons’ ... 06:11 PM | 8 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The lower house of Pakistan’s parliament approved the protection of rights of transgender persons and the ...
Last May, Pakistan’s Parliament passed a law guaranteeing basic rights to transgender citizens and outlawing discrimination by both employers and private business owners.
- Sialkot airport closed for two weeks for runway repairs11:15 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Nawaz Sharif set to return to Pakistan to lead PML-N’s election ...10:32 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan resume at 80-2, need 263 more to win Rawalpindi Test10:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Former Pakistan Navy chief Admiral Saeed Mohammad Khan passes away at ...09:42 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Punjab CM Elahi says Gen Bajwa showed PML-Q the ‘right path’ to ...09:13 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Rabi Pirzada talks about whimsical social media trends and their ...07:52 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Is The Legend of Maula Jatt going to be screened in India?07:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022