Transgender burnt alive following ‘rape attempt’
Four men took her to a deserted cab station near Sahiwal’s Mall Mandi Chowk on Thursday and set her on fire after she resisted their attempts to sexually assault her, the Dawn News reported citing police officials.
The trans, whose identity could not be ascertained, was shifted to the Sahiwal DHQ Hospital to be referred to Lahore but she died on the way.
The Fateh Sher police have yet to register a case into the incident.
Hospital sources say the transgender person suffered 80pc burns on the body.
Under section 74 of the PPC, she was buried by the municipality staff as nobody claimed the body.
Pakistan adopts transgender persons’ ... 06:11 PM | 8 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The lower house of Pakistan’s parliament approved the protection of rights of transgender persons and the ...
Last May, Pakistan’s Parliament passed a law guaranteeing basic rights to transgender citizens and outlawing discrimination by both employers and private business owners.
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019