Transgender burnt alive following ‘rape attempt’
Four men took her to a deserted cab station near Sahiwal’s Mall Mandi Chowk on Thursday and set her on fire after she resisted their attempts to sexually assault her, the Dawn News reported citing police officials.
The trans, whose identity could not be ascertained, was shifted to the Sahiwal DHQ Hospital to be referred to Lahore but she died on the way.
The Fateh Sher police have yet to register a case into the incident.
Hospital sources say the transgender person suffered 80pc burns on the body.
Under section 74 of the PPC, she was buried by the municipality staff as nobody claimed the body.
Last May, Pakistan’s Parliament passed a law guaranteeing basic rights to transgender citizens and outlawing discrimination by both employers and private business owners.
- Petroleum prices likely to be slashed by Rs2 per liter from tomorrow09:16 AM | 30 Sep, 2020
- COAS expresses heartfelt condolence on the sad demise of kuwait’s ...08:53 AM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan reopens primary schools under strict COVID-19 SOPs today08:32 AM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Two terrorists killed in Balochistan operation: ISPR11:22 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan sharply rejects India’s ‘irresponsible remarks’ about ...10:35 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston reveals that she almost quit Hollywood04:48 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- The Boys – A massive Amazon hit all set to have a spin-off04:19 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Ahad Raza Mir turns 27, receives heartwarming birthday wishes from ...03:57 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020