Vote count begins as polling in NA-75 Daska by-elections concludes
SIALKOT – Polling for the by-election in National Assembly constituency NA 75 Daska concluded Saturday evening while counting of votes is underway.
The main contest is expected between Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf’s Ali Asjad Malhi and Nosheen Iftikhar of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz as both the parties have been campaigning heavily to win the polls.
At least 360 of the polling stations have been set up in the constituency, of which 47 have been declared sensitive, while 4,162 security personnel have been deployed to maintain the law and order situations. Pakistan Rangers personnel are also deployed while the Pakistan Army is on standby.
Chief Election Commissioner Sikandar Sultan Raja will be present in the Election Commission Office Punjab to monitor the by-elections.
NA-75 seat fell vacant after the MNA Iftikharul Hassan Shah of PML-N died of a heart attack in August 2020. Shah was also a member of the standing committees on Interior and Narcotics Control and National Food Security and Research.
Ruling party candidate Ali Malhi shared a video message and urged the people of Daska to come out and vote to defeat the mafia.
“اسلام عیلکم اہلیان ڈسکہ ! کل ہم ایک دفعہ پھر سرخرو ہونے جارہے ہیں , کل اپ نے اپنے گھروں سے نکلنا ہیں تبدیلی کو ووٹ دینا ہیں اور اس مافیا کو شکست دینی ہیں.”— PTI (@PTIofficial) April 9, 2021
@AliAsjadMalhi #ڈسکہ_پھر_کپتان_کا https://t.co/p8uTqVm6Zm
PML-N's Nosheen Iftikhar also shared a glimpse of the party camp in the constituency, saying the voters are coming in large numbers.
NA-75 Daska by-election: SC rejects PTI's appeal, ... 12:08 PM | 2 Apr, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court Friday trashed the appeal of the ruling party candidate against the re-polling in ...
Earlier, the election of February 19 in the Sialkot constituency by-poll was declared void by the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) due to unwanted circumstances.
Afterward, the ECP ordered re-election in NA-75. The ruling party had challenged the ECP order in the Supreme Court, but the petition was rejected and the Supreme Court directed to hold the poll on April 10 as per schedule.
Top court suspends ECP’s order of re-polling in ... 03:21 PM | 25 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court of Pakistan Thursday directed not to hold re-polling in NA-75 Daska constituency of ...
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Punjab police to take over Banigala's security after Gill’s arrest08:10 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan braces for more rains under new monsoon spell07:18 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani PM hails UAE investment in phone call with Emirate ruler06:44 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani wins hearts with latest video02:05 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022