Pakistan, Russia agree to launch joint efforts to restore regional peace after Iran, US tension
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan and Russia have agreed to launch joint efforts aimed at restoring peace in the region that has witnessed rising tensions between the United States and Iran.
The agreement came during a telephonic conversation between Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov.
The two leaders discussed issues pertaining to soaring tensions in the Middle East and the overall situation in the region.
The Foreign Minister informed his Russian counterpart that an increase in tensions among the states could dent a severe blow to peace and stability in the region.
He said both sides have to show restraint in order to overcome the current escalated situation.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi, while reiterating Pakistan's principled stance, made it clear that Pakistan will neither be a party to any new conflict in the region, nor will its land be used against any regional or neighbouring country, the Radio Pakistan reported.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020