PM Imran shames Modi for his silence over calls for Muslim genocide
Indian leaders remain silent as right wing extremists took an oath to kill minorities for 'Hindu-only nation'
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday questioned Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi for being silent after Hindu activists seek Rohingya-like mass murder and exodus of Indian Muslims.
Khan, in a recent post, asked whether the silence of the Modi government on the issue meant the endorsement of this anti-Muslim rhetoric.
He also called on international authorities on the continuing silence of the Indian govt on the call at an extremist Hindutva summit in Dec for the genocide of minorities, especially the 200 million Muslim community.
“It is high time the international community took note and acted”, Khan wrote as no leader of leading countries condemned or raise questions on Hindu fanatic’s call.
Under the extremist ideology of the BJP Modi govt, all religious minorities in India have been targeted with impunity by Hindutva groups. The extremist agenda of the Modi govt is a real and present threat to peace in our region.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) January 10, 2022
In another tweet, the premier said all religious minorities living in India were targeted by Hindutva groups with impunity during the government of the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP). “The extremist agenda of the Modi-led government is real and a present threat to peace in our region,” he said.
In December last year, leaders of several Hindu groups with ties to the Indian ruling government have called for ethnic cleansing of minorities in India in an event that sparked widespread outrage and calls for action against them.
The three-day hate speech conclave was held by the controversial Hindutva figure Yati Narsinghanand from December 17 to 19 in northern India's Haridwar city where multiple speakers made calls to kill minorities and attack their religious spaces.
Calls for Muslim genocide, silent leadership ... 11:57 AM | 10 Jan, 2022
NEW DELHI – Former Indian naval chief Admiral Arun Prakash warned that India could descend into civil war as ...
On Sunday, the former Indian naval chief warned that India could descend into civil war as political leaders of the country had failed to condemn the recent genocide calls against Muslims by Hindu hardliners.
‘Despicable and totally unacceptable’ – ... 07:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan on Tuesday strongly condemned the despicable and totally unacceptable harassment and insult ...
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022