Motorway police additional IG injured, brother dead in firing incident near Rawalpindi
ISLAMABAD - National Highways and Motorways Police (NHMP) Additional IG Sajjad Afzal Afridi was injured and his brother was killed after unknown gunmen opened fire on their vehicle on the motorway near Rawalpindi on Friday evening.
NHMP in a tweet said that the senior officer was chasing a suspect vehicle on M1 when the incident happened at Fateh Jhang Interchange.
The additional IG received two bullets while his younger brother, Nauman Afzal, succumbed to the injuries. The motorways police officer is said to be in stable condition after he underwent surgery at PIMS, Islamabad.
Nauman Afzal was serving as chief economist officer in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, said media reports.
More info to follow...
- Pakistan frees dozens of jailed TTP militants amid ‘peace ...12:11 PM | 9 Dec, 2021
- PAKvWI: West Indies squad lands in Pakistan for limited-overs series11:34 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan Navy marks golden jubilee of Hangor Day with special ...11:17 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
- SnackVideo and PUBG Hashtag Challenge was a Brilliant Success10:42 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
- LHC acquits blasphemy convict after 11 years in jail10:26 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021