Hasna Firdaws: Street cleaner wins beauty pageant in Morocco
Firdaws, aged 22, works from 6 am to 2 pm. “I love my job,” she said. She added that the title made her both surprised and happy. “Women are not just housewives anymore,” she said. “They work different jobs now.”
Maimouna Traore from Bamako, Mali, won the second place. “Thanks to Ozone, I have become a working woman. I can take care of my house properly. I don’t need a man to do everything for me,” said Traore.
Several actors and public figures made it to the ceremony, including actor Abdelkader Moutaa, actress Nora Skalli, and radio host Momo. Groupe Ozone held its first beauty contest in 2018.
Last year’s beauty pageant title went to Sanaa Maatta, a street sweeper, and mother of two. Maatta became a local internet sensation when pictures of her at work spread on social media.
In 2015, Brazilian Rita Mattos rose to fame in the social media after pictures showing her sweeping the streets of Rio de Janeiro circulated on messaging apps. She was dubbed the “Sweeper Babe.”
What are your thoughts on this? Share with us in the comments box below.
- ICCIA holds Best of Entrepreneurship Pakistan Session at IBA11:33 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Angelina Jolie pens heartfelt note after visiting flood-hit areas in ...10:35 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Nora Fatehi's new dance video sets internet on fire07:10 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022