Hasna Firdaws: Street cleaner wins beauty pageant in Morocco
Firdaws, aged 22, works from 6 am to 2 pm. “I love my job,” she said. She added that the title made her both surprised and happy. “Women are not just housewives anymore,” she said. “They work different jobs now.”
Maimouna Traore from Bamako, Mali, won the second place. “Thanks to Ozone, I have become a working woman. I can take care of my house properly. I don’t need a man to do everything for me,” said Traore.
Several actors and public figures made it to the ceremony, including actor Abdelkader Moutaa, actress Nora Skalli, and radio host Momo. Groupe Ozone held its first beauty contest in 2018.
Last year’s beauty pageant title went to Sanaa Maatta, a street sweeper, and mother of two. Maatta became a local internet sensation when pictures of her at work spread on social media.
In 2015, Brazilian Rita Mattos rose to fame in the social media after pictures showing her sweeping the streets of Rio de Janeiro circulated on messaging apps. She was dubbed the “Sweeper Babe.”
What are your thoughts on this? Share with us in the comments box below.
- Finance Minister Shaukat Tarin ‘to run for Senate’07:15 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Peshawar Zalmi take on Quetta Gladiators tonight06:41 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia cancels Hajj for international pilgrims over COVID-19 ...06:11 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021