Pakistan's FM Qureshi, US national security advisor discuss peace in South Asia
Qureshi told John Bolton that Pakistan responded to India after New Delhi violated the line of control and Indian Air Force jets made intrusion into Pakistani territory. Islamabad's response, said the foreign minister, was in self-defense.
He also told Bolton about the de-escalatory measures taken by Pakistan including the release of Indian pilot and offer of dialogue to Indian PM Modi.
The US official told Qureshi about their efforts to de-escalate tension between the two South Asian nuclear-armed neighbors. The US, he said, wanted peace between the two countries which is in benefit of the entire region. He also underlined US efforts for peace in the region.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan beat England by 3 runs in 4th T20I11:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Ishaq Dar due in Pakistan tonight by flight carrying PM Shehbaz Sharif08:15 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'I don't want an army chief of my choice; just want appointment on ...07:25 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Dananeer fangirls over Yami Gautum at Chicago South Asian Film ...06:40 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Hania Aamir and Farhan Saeed set the dance floor on fire at HUM Award ...05:17 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Humayun Saeed's Netflix debut 'The Crown' all set to release in ...04:32 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022