Pakistan issues guidelines for holding Eid prayers amid COVID-19 surge
ISLAMABAD – The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) Tuesday announced strict guidelines and safety protocols for holding Eid-ul-Fitr prayers across the country in a bid to stem the spread of COVID-19.
As per the guidelines, Eid prayers should be held at open spaces with strict implementation of Covid protocols.
If Eid prayers are held in Masjid then windows and doors should be kept opened for good ventilation to reduce risk of the spread of infection.
The NCOC has suggested that the prayers should be held two to three times separately in order to avoid huge gatherings.
The clerics and religious leaders are advised to keep the Khutba (sermon) brief in order to reduce the prayer timings as Pakistan faces third wave of the pandemic.
The sick, elderly and children under 15 years of age have been refrained from attending the Eid prayers.
The worshipers have been asked to bring their own prayer mats and also perform wudhu (ablution) at home.
The safety protocols also underscored to discourage socializing or embracing and hand shakes at the venue after prayers.
However, no gathering is allowed before and after the prayer usually observed after Eid prayers.
Pakistan reports 3,084 new COVID-19 cases, 113 ... 09:25 AM | 11 May, 2021
ISLAMABAD – At least 113 people lost their lives due to the third wave of the novel coronavirus infection while ...
- Iranian-American arrested for entering Pakistan on fake documents11:15 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 7 inspirational small business ideas by young entrepreneur Faizan ...10:47 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- NAB arrests Khursheed Shah’s son in asset beyond means case (VIDEO)10:31 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shahrukh Khan becomes the only Pakistani cadet to graduate from US ...09:50 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021