Quaid-e-Azam's 71st death anniversary being observed today
KARACHI - The 71st death anniversary of the father of nation Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah is being observed on Wednesday (today).
Muhammad Ali Jinnah was born on 25th December 1876. He was a lawyer, a legendary politician and the founder of Pakistan. Jinnah served as leader of the All-India Muslim League from 1913 until Pakistan's creation on 14th August 1947 and then as Pakistan's first Governor-General until his death.
Jinnah is revered in Pakistan as Quaid-i-Azam and Baba-i-Qaum. In this connection, a special ceremony of Quran Khawani and Fateha is going to be held at the mausoleum of Quaid-e-Azam in Karachi today.
People from different walks of life will visit the mausoleum to lay a floral wreath on the grave. Several politicians, leaders, celebrities and Twiterrati have paid tribute to the great leader through their social media posts:
Remembering the founder of our great Nation Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah on his 71st death anniversary. Committing ourselves to his vision of a tolerant & an inclusive Pakistan is the greatest tribute that we can pay him on this day.#QuaideAzam— Abdul Aleem Khan (@aleemkhan_pti) September 11, 2019
"You are free to go to your temples,You are free to go to your mosques or to any other place or worship in this State of Pakistan"— VEENA MALIK (@iVeenaKhan) September 11, 2019
Remembering and paying tribute to the leader and founder of #Pakistan🇵🇰 on His 71th death anniversary..#FounderOfPakistan#Jinnah #QuaideAzam pic.twitter.com/17C9BHRx64
#JINNAH— SaadiaSattar (@SaadiaSattar_) September 11, 2019
Tribute to Quaid isnt a day but whole life
We need to follow his ideology more than ever now....
Lets pay tribute to the father of nation & remember his struggles who hid his disease just for the betterment of nation/Pakistanis. He taught us that nothing's more valuable than this land which is made on لاالہ الا اللہ . Let's not fear to sacrifice anything. #QuaideAzam #Jinnah pic.twitter.com/AV7OG2zNL2— Ak47♛ (@HolaItsAk47) September 11, 2019
To mark the day, various programs have also been chalked out by educational institutions and political, social and cultural organizations to shed light on the personality and leadership of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah .
Father of the Nation Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah passed away on 11th September 1948 shortly after achieving freedom for the nation.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019