NAB forms JIT to investigate sugar subsidy scandal
ISLAMABAD - National Accountability Bureau has established a Combined Investigation Team (CIT) for an impartial, independent and transparent investigation into alleged Sugar Subsidy Scandal.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by NAB Chairman Javed Iqbal in Islamabad on Friday, after reviewing the report of Sugar Commission.
The committee to be headed by DG NAB Rawalpindi Irfan Naeem Mangi will comprise of two investigation officers, a financial expert, a legal consultant, an expert pertaining to the matters of sugar industry, a Forensic expert and an additional director.
The NAB Chairman, Deputy Chairman, the Prosecutor General Accountability, and the DG Operations will review the report of the Combined Investigation Team on monthly basis.
The Chairman NAB directed that the investigation into Sugar subsidy should be completed in the most transparent manner and on professional lines. He said that action will be taken as per the law against those who illegally received the sugar subsidy.
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020