Accused judge in Tayyaba torture case barred from working
According to a notification, additional session judge Raja Khurram Ali Khan has been removed from the post with immediate effect, while he has been assigned task as OSD at Islamabad High Court (IHC).
The notification was issued following the directions of the IHC Chief Justice and other judges.
The decision was taken in the light of recommendations of the Disciplinary Committee probing the matter of the child maid.
Moreover, the court directed authorities concerned to initiate an official investigation against the ADSJ.
Raja Khurram Ali Khan and his wife were facing an inquiry for their alleged involvement in keeping a housemaid in illicit confinement.
The couple was also accused of burning her hand over a stove, beating her with a ladle, detaining her in a storeroom and threatening her with dire consequences.
- On the Wrong Side of History11:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Pakistani diplomat, family injured in India accident10:13 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Younis Khan turns 4309:46 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Islamabad plans open-air cinema for safe entertainment09:26 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020