Accused judge in Tayyaba torture case barred from working
According to a notification, additional session judge Raja Khurram Ali Khan has been removed from the post with immediate effect, while he has been assigned task as OSD at Islamabad High Court (IHC).
The notification was issued following the directions of the IHC Chief Justice and other judges.
The decision was taken in the light of recommendations of the Disciplinary Committee probing the matter of the child maid.
Moreover, the court directed authorities concerned to initiate an official investigation against the ADSJ.
Raja Khurram Ali Khan and his wife were facing an inquiry for their alleged involvement in keeping a housemaid in illicit confinement.
The couple was also accused of burning her hand over a stove, beating her with a ladle, detaining her in a storeroom and threatening her with dire consequences.
- Bisma Maroof takes indefinite break from cricket as 'motherhood ...07:26 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan appoints fourth finance minister in two years in latest ...07:02 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- CPEC guarantor of Pakistan's progressive future: Ch. Sarwar06:33 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Sirbaz Khan, Abdul Joshi become first Pakistani climbers to summit ...06:02 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Hassan Ali pens birthday note for ‘beautiful wife’04:40 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor Khan gives insight into her weekend04:17 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Meera all set to launch her clothing and lipstick line03:51 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021