Accused judge in Tayyaba torture case barred from working
According to a notification, additional session judge Raja Khurram Ali Khan has been removed from the post with immediate effect, while he has been assigned task as OSD at Islamabad High Court (IHC).
The notification was issued following the directions of the IHC Chief Justice and other judges.
The decision was taken in the light of recommendations of the Disciplinary Committee probing the matter of the child maid.
Moreover, the court directed authorities concerned to initiate an official investigation against the ADSJ.
Raja Khurram Ali Khan and his wife were facing an inquiry for their alleged involvement in keeping a housemaid in illicit confinement.
The couple was also accused of burning her hand over a stove, beating her with a ladle, detaining her in a storeroom and threatening her with dire consequences.
- Taliban delegation begins talks with Western officials, rights ...11:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Over 22,000 government officers in Pakistan are dual national: Report11:05 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- South Africa clean sweep ODI series against India10:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Turkey launching 50 new development projects in Pakistan this year10:17 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- British lawmaker claims she was removed as minister over 'Muslimness'09:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021