Accused judge in Tayyaba torture case barred from working
According to a notification, additional session judge Raja Khurram Ali Khan has been removed from the post with immediate effect, while he has been assigned task as OSD at Islamabad High Court (IHC).
The notification was issued following the directions of the IHC Chief Justice and other judges.
The decision was taken in the light of recommendations of the Disciplinary Committee probing the matter of the child maid.
Moreover, the court directed authorities concerned to initiate an official investigation against the ADSJ.
Raja Khurram Ali Khan and his wife were facing an inquiry for their alleged involvement in keeping a housemaid in illicit confinement.
The couple was also accused of burning her hand over a stove, beating her with a ladle, detaining her in a storeroom and threatening her with dire consequences.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 20 May 202208:10 AM | 20 May, 2022
- New Zealand pays Pakistan compensation for abruptly ending 2021 tour11:57 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Russia using new generation of lasers in Ukraine to burn up drones11:25 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Minimum fine of Rs2,000 for traffic violation in Lahore10:49 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022