OIC summit kicks off in Istanbul
This summit is being held under the slogan of 'Unity and Solidarity for Peace and Justice' is deemed to be of utmost importance amidst strife and turmoil in the Muslim countries.
The Islamic world leaders will discuss next ten years 'Program of Action' to restore peace for the uplift of their people.
Earlier, the preparatory meetings were held to devise an agenda, which was fine-tuned at the meeting of the Council of Ministers.
Addressing a news conference, Secretary General OIC Iyad Ameen Madani said the participants will take right steps to alleviate the sufferings of the Ummah.
Advisor on Foreign Affairs, Sartaj Aziz also described this summit of 'pivotal importance' and foresaw a broader role for the organization in the days to come.
- UK decides about Pakistan’s red list status today06:23 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran assures Tajik investors of ‘full-fledge facilities’05:51 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- SCO summit — PM Imran meets Kazakh, Belarus presidents in Dushanbe05:35 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021