'Fake News' – NCOC trashes rumours about schools closure till Sept 30
ISLAMABAD – The National Command and Operating Centre (NCOC) has denied rumours of closing schools till September 30 and termed it as ‘fake news’.
In a tweet on its official handle, the country’s top monitoring body negated the closure of all public and private schools till September 30. "Education institutions in selected districts of Punjab, KP and ICT are closed till 15th Sep 21. Decision on Review will be communicated through official channels", it said.
Another fake news item regarding closure of education sector. Education institutions in selected districts of Punjab, KP and ICT are closed till 15th Sep 21. Decision on Review will be communicated through official channels. pic.twitter.com/N31sNl54Jg— NCOC (@OfficialNcoc) September 13, 2021
Earlier on Friday, the Punjab government had closed all public and private schools till September 15 across the province in wake of the recent surge in new Covid cases.
Punjab Education Minister Murad Raas made the announcement and had appealed to the public to stay at home and adhere to the government SOPs.
Covid-19: NCOC extends schools closure, other ... 11:06 PM | 9 Sep, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) Tuesday announced to extend the closure of education ...
Meanwhile, the National Command and Operation Centre has started vaccinating adolescents in the age group of 15 to 17 years amid a mass vaccination drive. The younger people will be given Pfizer vaccine and the facility will be free of cost.
Children in this age group are therefore advised to visit vaccination centres along with their Form B from the National Database and Registration Authority.
Pakistan decides to promote all students of grade ... 08:04 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The government on Monday decided to promote the students of grade 10 and 12 to next classes, local ...
- Pakistani forces kill six terrorists during Balochistan operation09:44 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran receives security briefing during ISI Secretariat visit09:01 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Ayesha Manzoor Wattoo’s book ‘Petals in My Diary’ unveiled in ...08:41 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PTI govt first in Pakistan’s history to give complete independence ...08:16 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Met office predicts another rain spell, urban flooding in Karachi07:33 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Umar Akmal’s hilarious Tiktok video sparks memefest02:30 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Veteran Pakistani actor Talat Iqbal passes away in US10:40 AM | 24 Sep, 2021