Pakistan shuts Torkham border after Taliban seize border crossing
QUETTA – The Pakistan government Sunday ordered shut down of Torkham border with Afghanistan after Taliban fighters took over control of the border posts in Afghan territory.
Reports quoting Interior Ministry and other officials cited that the insurgents took positions on the posts after Afghan border forces laid down their arms before them.
Meanwhile, the capture of border posts by the Afghan Taliban alerted the Pakistani officials who rushed to seal the border by shutting down six gates.
Afghanistan's Jalalabad falls to Taliban as ... 10:53 AM | 15 Aug, 2021
KABUL – The Taliban captured the country’s fifth-largest city and were approaching Kabul, less than three ...
The militants had gained control of key cities including Jalalabad, Mazar-i-Sharif, Herat and Kandahar, encircling the Afghan capital Kabul. The Taliban fighters are believed to control two-thirds of the country’s territory.
More to follow…
- Eight missing as strong winds knock over two fishing boats near Thatta07:40 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Honda increases car prices by up to Rs126,00006:51 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup – Papua New Guinea win toss, opt to bat first against ...06:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Usman Mukhtar opens up about his equation with Naimal Khawar05:25 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- 'Main Chala’ - Salman Khan shares the teaser of his latest music ...04:33 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021