PTI female councilor confesses to paying for journalist's murder
The journalist was targeted by unidentified motorcyclists near Lora Chowk of Haripur city when he was heading to work.
Hina, who had personal differences with Elahi, contacted Hanif, who too is a journalist and the bureau chief of another Urdu newspaper, according to the prosecution.
Hanif told Hina that he also wanted Elahi “out of the way”, the court was told by the prosecution.
In her statement before the magistrate, the PTI councilor said she had offered to pay Rs0.5 million to Hanif to have Elahi assassinated. She paid him Rs0.1 million and promised to pay the rest of the money after the assassination.
The judge transferred the case to an anti-terrorism court, which remanded Hanif in the custody of the counter-terrorism department for three days.
Hina was remanded in judicial custody at the Haripur central prison.
The Haripur Police said they had recorded the statements of around 400 people to solve the case.
- Islamabad court declares Nawaz Sharif a 'fugitive'02:41 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Realme “RACE” coming up with powerful, fast speed Qualcomm ...02:03 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- What happened in the night when the young man married a 20-year-old ...12:46 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Eighth Pakistani player tests positive for coronavirus, confirms PCB11:33 AM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020