PM Imran greets Ummah as UN designates March 15 as International Day to Combat Islamophobia
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has felicitated the Muslim world after United Nations adopted a landmark resolution introduced by Pakistan on behalf of the OIC, designating 15 March as International Day to Combat Islamophobia.
Taking it to Twitter, the premier said the UN has finally recognised the grave challenge confronting the world of Islamophobia, respect for religious symbols, and practices and of curtailing systematic hate speech and discrimination against Muslims.
Congratulated the Muslim world, Khan said our voice against the rising tide of Islamophobia has been heard. He also mentioned to ensure implementation of this landmark resolution.
Today UN has finally recognised the grave challenge confronting the world: of Islamophobia, respect for religious symbols & practices & of curtailing systematic hate speech & discrimination against Muslims. Next challenge is to ensure implementation of this landmark resolution.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) March 15, 2022
Earlier, Imran Khan called for global efforts to counter the rising tide of Islamophobia while addressing the 76th session of the UN General Assembly session in New York through video link.
He asked the UN Secretary-General to convene a global dialogue on countering the rise of Islamophobia to save the world from another kind of terrorism in the name of the rising phenomenon.
PM Imran interacts with foreign envoys to discuss ... 02:16 PM | 4 Nov, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan Thursday called on the envoys of Muslim countries and discussed the concept ...
Last year, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced to appoint a special representative on combatting Islamophobia as part of the country's anti-racism strategy, five years after a deadly mosque shooting in Quebec.
The grave issue was also supported by Russian President Vladimir Putin who said insulting Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) does not count as freedom of expression and is violation of religious freedom and the violation of the sacred feelings of people who profess Islam.
Russian President Putin says disrespecting ... 02:11 PM | 24 Dec, 2021
MOSCOW – Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday said that insulting Islam's Prophet Mohammed PBUH is not ...
- Pakistan climate minister Sherry Rehman named among world's 25 most ...07:57 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Anti-narcotics official caught taking bribe on camera06:45 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani brothers make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 List06:18 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Humaima Malick jumps onto ‘Mera Dil Ye Pukare Aaja’ bandwagon05:25 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Did Bollywood superstar Salman Khan get engaged secretly?05:00 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022