Police arrest JuD chief Abdul Rehman Makki from Gujranwala
Lahore - Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JUD) leader Abdul Rehman Makki has been arrested from Gujranwala.
According to media reports, Maulana Abdur Rehman Makki was accused of provocative speech in Gujranwala in which he had criticised the crackdown against banned outfits by the security forces and the steps taken by Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
The Punjab Interior Ministry has confirmed his arrest.
Abdur Rehman Makki, who is also a brother in law of Hafiz Saeed, and is the second-in-command of banned outfit JuD.
Earlier, while implementing the National Action Plan (NAP) in letter and spirit, Pakistan included Hafiz Saeed-led Jamaat ud Dawah (JuD) and its charity wing, Falah-e-Insaniat Foundation (FIF) in the list of 70 proscribed organisations.
Pakistan formally places ban on Hafiz Saeed's ... 10:56 PM | 5 Mar, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Implementing the National Action Plan in letter and spirit, Pakistan included Hafiz Saeed-led Jamaat ud ...
National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) issued the list of proscribed organisations with the latest addition of JuD and FIF for which an official notification has been issued; JuD and FIF were on the watch list earlier.
The ban comes amid a massive crackdown against the banned outfits with the government announcing on Tuesday that it had taken 44 members of such organisations into custody.
Those detained include members of Jaish-e-Mohammed apart from others who were taken into ‘preventive detention’. The interior secretary has clarified that the detentions have nothing to do with the dossier provided by India on the Pulwama attack.
The crackdown comes amid guidelines stated by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) to Pakistan in a bid to get itself out of the Grey List.
- Three Pakistani soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020