Police arrest JuD chief Abdul Rehman Makki from Gujranwala
Lahore - Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JUD) leader Abdul Rehman Makki has been arrested from Gujranwala.
According to media reports, Maulana Abdur Rehman Makki was accused of provocative speech in Gujranwala in which he had criticised the crackdown against banned outfits by the security forces and the steps taken by Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
The Punjab Interior Ministry has confirmed his arrest.
Abdur Rehman Makki, who is also a brother in law of Hafiz Saeed, and is the second-in-command of banned outfit JuD .
Earlier, while implementing the National Action Plan (NAP) in letter and spirit, Pakistan included Hafiz Saeed-led Jamaat ud Dawah (JuD) and its charity wing, Falah-e-Insaniat Foundation (FIF) in the list of 70 proscribed organisations.
Pakistan formally places ban on Hafiz Saeed's ... 10:56 PM | 5 Mar, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Implementing the National Action Plan in letter and spirit, Pakistan included Hafiz Saeed-led Jamaat ud ...
National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) issued the list of proscribed organisations with the latest addition of JuD and FIF for which an official notification has been issued; JuD and FIF were on the watch list earlier.
The ban comes amid a massive crackdown against the banned outfits with the government announcing on Tuesday that it had taken 44 members of such organisations into custody.
Those detained include members of Jaish-e-Mohammed apart from others who were taken into ‘preventive detention’. The interior secretary has clarified that the detentions have nothing to do with the dossier provided by India on the Pulwama attack.
The crackdown comes amid guidelines stated by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) to Pakistan in a bid to get itself out of the Grey List.
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Balochistan doctors allowed to carry out private practice in ...05:23 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019