PM Imran seeks Ulema's cooperation to contain spread of COVID-19
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday said that cooperation of religious scholars was required to contain the spread of coronavirus and added he would soon meet a delegation of Ulema-e-Kiram in that regard.
The prime minister was talking to renowned religious scholar Maulana Tariq Jamil, who called on him at the PM Office. The prime minister lauded public awareness campaign of Maulana Tariq Jamil to contain coronavirus.
Imran Khan said that purpose of governments’ efforts was to save the people from the pandemic which had engulfed the entire world.
He said the religious scholars had always guided the government in every difficult time.
The prime minister said that the government in consultation with religious scholars would formulate guidelines for the month of Ramazan.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020