‘Sana makki’ is a laxative, not a cure for coronavirus: Saba Hamid
Pakistan’s battle against the coronavirus has many obstacles - large crowds, an exhausted health system and limited infrastructure - as the number of infections continue to surge daily.
But beyond these, the most alarming thing is: misinformation and fake news.
From offering unverified home remedies to fight the virus, to fake advisories telling people to avoid foods such as ice cream and chicken, and sharing conspiracy theories, social media is being drowned by misinformation.
Following this, veteran TV star Saba Hamid has took it upon herself to clear misconceptions such as the consumption ofSana Makki/senna plant to cure coronavirus.
Taking to Twitter, the Ghalti actor wrote, “Covid patients should not use sana makki, it’s a laxative, it dehydrates the patient and he/she can die, only normal people can take it for constipation but that too once a day and little in quantity, there is no medical evidence that it’s a covid cure.”
Covid patients should not use sana makki,it’s a laxative,it dehydrates the patient and he/she can die,only normal people can take it for constipation but that too once a day and little in quantity,there is no medical evidence that it’s a covid cure.— Saba Hamid (@Sabhamid) June 14, 2020
There are many things that can boost your immunity, which will help fight against coronavirus but none of these things can be used as VACCINE! It’s important for people to understand that not everything and anything can be hoarded upon.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Outgoing Chinese ambassador calls on Pakistan Army chief11:45 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- 56 Indian fishermen for trespassing Pakistani waters11:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- 'Success' for Pakistan as ICSID stays over $6b fine in Reko Diq case11:08 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- PCB terminates contract with PSL's int'l media rights holder10:46 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani Rupee strengthens against dollar10:22 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Khalilur Rehman Qamar in hot waters over his stance on feminism once ...04:39 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Malala Yousafzai, Beyoncé and others to feature in a film on global ...02:57 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Rana Khan is not interested in meeting Turkish actor Cavit ...02:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020